“Night Witches” (German: die Nachthexen; Russian: Ночные ведьмы, Nochnyye Vedmy) was a World War II German nickname for the all female military aviators of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment, known later as the 46th “Taman” Guards Night Bomber Aviation Regiment, of the Soviet Air Forces. Though women were barred at the time from combat, Major Marina Raskova used her position and personal contacts with the Soviet leader Joseph Stalin to obtain permission to form female combat units. On October 8, 1941, an order was issued to deploy three women’s air-force units, including the 588th Regiment. The regiment, formed by Raskova and led by Major Yevdokiya Bershanskaya, was composed primarily of female volunteers in their late teens and early twenties.
This “Night Witches” canvas art is perfect as a birthday or anniversary gift.
Moreover every fan of military aviation will be delighted to receive this canvas art.
Hurry up – this is a limited edition offer!
Looking to add a little flair to your room or office? Look no further – this canvas print has a vivid, fade-resistant print that you’re bound to fall in love with. Put the artistry on your wall without a worry — this canvas comes with mounting brackets.
- Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base
- 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick canvas
- Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd² (470 g/m²)
- Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free)
- Mounting brackets included
- Hand-glued solid wood stretcher bars
- 1.5″ (3.81 cm) deep
- Blank product in the EU sourced from Latvia
- Blank product in the US sourced from the US
This product is made especially for you as soon as you place an order, which is why it takes us a bit longer to deliver it to you. Making products on demand instead of in bulk helps reduce overproduction, so thank you for making thoughtful purchasing decisions!
To speed up delivery, this item may be shipped to you from one of our warehouses in the US, Latvia, or Australia.
- United States warehouse: in stock
- Latvian warehouse: in stock
- Australian warehouse: in stock